The Nordic countries are known for their green cities, full of accessible green and blue spaces, surrounded by agricultural land, vast forests and lakes. Nordic leaders fully support a European Carbon Neutrality target for 2050, and prioritise collaboration, especially regarding innovations that can be scaled up to global impact. This event will share best practices and challenges from the Nordic capitals on how to integrate urbanism with care for biodiversity, nature, climate and circularity.
- 10.00 Welcome by moderator Louise Coffineau, policy adviser environment and climate at Eurocities
- 10.10 Keynote by Benjamin Caspar, who works with the EUs biodiversity strategy and urban issues at DG Environment + Q&A
- 10.25 Copenhagen: Creating and maintaining Urban Nature in Copenhagen
– Paul Maslen, Biologist in the Technical and Environmental Administration, Copenhagen Municipality
- 10.45 Oslo: Climate adaptation and nature-based solutions in an urban environment.
– Karine Hertzberg, Special Adviser for International Climate Cooperation, City of Oslo.
- 11.05 Helsinki: Helsinki’s Roadmap for Circular and Sharing Economy
– Leona Silberstein, Urban Environment Division, City of Helsinki.
- 11.25 Stockholm: Title tbc
– Gunilla Hjort, Ecologist, Environment and Health Department, City of Stockholm
- 11.45 Q&A session and closing remarks
- 12:00 End
PARTNERS: The organisers behind this event are Helsinki EU Office, Greater Copenhagen EU Office, Stockholm Region EU Office and Oslo Region European Office.
REGISTER for the event HERE.
A link will be sent to participants within a day before the digital event.
ANY QUESTIONS? Please direct any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org